Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forest Falls, Photography, and Failing.

Kate and I took a break from Loma Linda and went up to Forest Falls, a wilderness area about a half hour away.
This is Southern California's largest waterfall. Coming from Washington, you can sense our disappointment when we saw it for the first time. It really isn't that tall and is at it's peak flow because of snow higher up.
We went with Brian and Sarah Cain, two new friends of ours.

This Friday we will head to Joshua Tree for the night. Some people we are going with have telescopes and climbing gear. Kate and I aren't much of climbers but running around on the rocks is tons of fun, right Aunt Mary Beth, Jeremy and Jason (the only one's who have experienced it with me)? The flowers should be out and it's supposed to rain in Loma Linda so maybe it will be cloudy in the park. This will make for some great photography!

Today I failed. I studied and studied and studied. I was warned about this class and how hopeless it is to study and they were right. No one does well in this class. Bio statistics. 15 questions 50% of your grade. When you tell the other PT classes where you are going they grimace and reminisce about how much they hated it. I don't hate it, I kinda like it...it's just impossible. Because the class always does horrible as a whole the class is graded on a curve. I know what I need to know as a PT but no one's grades are ever good in this class.

Press on...

1 comment:

Brian and Cristina said...

Scott,

I do recall videotaping ourselves (Mark too) running across boulders at the foot of a waterfall back her in Ohio...I believe we even timed ourselves...:) Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Miss those times, a lot.
Keep pressing on man, you're doing a great job!

Brian