Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Southern California Fall.

Fall in California. There is no winter here. It's the 9th of December and our trees are just now loosing their leaves. As soon as the last leaf hits the ground there will be new buds and an anticipation for spring. Our grapefruit tree is struggling to keep it's fruit from falling and should probably be picked and it looks like the oranges are starting to show some promise.
With water i'm able to keep the color and flowers on plants and trees.
Thanksgiving was enjoyed with good friends and excellent food. The cooking team lead by Raelene blessed us again and Roland cooked an awesome bird. Katie played a big role and took half our kitchen over to the Fulford's home. The guys enjoyed a 40 mile bike ride on back roads through orange grooves and commented on panoramic views of the distant mountains, thanks to a clear day. The girls went for a walk and talked about lots of stuff.

Dinner.
A traditional meal with a no so traditional taste.Black Friday first took us to IKEA. For those who don't know, IKEA is a huge cheap furniture store. When I think IKEA I think argument. For all those married couples out there I want to see you put together one of these tables without snapping at your partner. When the dust settles one of us finishes it and all is well.We couldn't resist Home Depots $20 Christmas trees. This is only the second time i've actually paid for a Christmas tree. We will post more pictures after we have all the decorations up.Katie trimming up the tree.I've probably averaged 3 ornaments a year since I was born. I guess it's a tradition in the family. I've got almost 65 ornaments. Seriously!With classes done, I am able to come home and spend more time with Katie. We usually enjoy some tea and a conversation to close out the day, something that doesn't usually happen while class is in session.More to come... internship pictures, ugly Christmas sweater party, my dead groundhog(when I catch it).

Till then, enjoy and be encouraged!

2 comments:

Nancy and Danny said...

Scott, Your Thanksgiving looked very special. i know how thankful we are that you and Katie have many friends to share the Holidays with. Seeing those familiar ornaments made me tear up! We miss you and will celebrate year 27 with and without you! Love you both so much!
MOM

Nancy and Danny said...

Your blog left me with a full helping of ENVY!Being an avid gardener,all I can do is sit here in my long underwear reading Organic Gardening magazine and plan for the spring.GO AWAY!Actually I mean COME BACK!!!