Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Visit to Bishop and Mono Lake.

Bishop California is 2/3's up the state. We arrived there sometime in the afternoon on Tuesday. Here are a few pictures from our trip.


Nick took this photo. I wish I could say I took it but I was in the back seat cold and wet from my misstep on the ice.(see photos below.)

To get the best picture sometimes you are lured into compromising situations. I just wanted to get "the shot" and with that came thin ice and lots of mud. I took a step and was short one shoe. The shoe quickly filled up with water and took plenty of tugging to win the battle with the mud.
Jason laughed in my face so I was quick to share my shoe with him.
What's Bishop without a bonfire?


Below, Mono Lake. We didn't make it to the famous rock formations but these were still beautiful and worth the hour trip.



Jeremy, Nick, Jason, Joel and I. Kaleb stayed home and enjoyed some time to himself.


I'll post more photos of your short trip to Bishop when we return to Loma Linda. This trip has been nothing short of good fellowship, chilly weather and some great scenery. Tomorrow we head home and prepare for the new year. We have no set plans but plenty of options. It doesn't really matter what we do for the new year, just as long as we are together.

No comments: