Friday, October 22, 2010

Leila...10 weeks.

It's hard to describe having a dog. Not a toy dog. Not a chihuahua or yippee dog but a dog that respects itself. No offense to those with yippee dogs. I don't need to offend you because you've already offended yourself.
When we go for walks with Leila she gets barks from other dogs. Her ears go up and gives a quick glance but that's about it. I don't know if it's personality or breed. I do know she's bright and her temperament with be conducive to Kate and I's plans for a family. We don't do as much. No long trips every weekend. No all day trips to the beach are in the weekend forecast. That's fine. It keeps our budget cleaner and our relationship stronger. We are finding we learn more about us the simpler we keep things. So it's an evening with dinner and a discussion. She's all I need, Katie that is.

I really wish the above picture would have come out. I didn't have the setting right and that's the problem with being an amateur photographer. I still like it.
We are working on smiling. That is the next trick. It looks like she has it down doesn't it?!

Leila helping Katie blow out her birthday candles.
"On your bed." is the latest command Leila has caught on to. She does this during dinner and most meals. Well, not breakfast, she's a tornado in the morning! She is definitely beginning to settle into the Doberman personality.

No comments: