Thursday, June 16, 2011

California...It's a wrap!

After Portland and the Redwoods of Northern California the hills turned brown and the clouds gave way to bright blue sky. We arrived to the Bouma's household just in time for dinner.
We had some time to kill before the closing festivities began. We went to Disneyland one last time and had to get a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge outside California Adventure since it was too cloudy the week before in San Fransisco.


Thursday morning Dad and Cheryl arrived from Ohio and we had plenty planned. We hiked Ice House Canyon toward Mount Baldy.
The trail's river was running heavy thanks to the extra snow fall this winter. That sounds like a joke when I look at these pictures. There really was a lot of water I swear! There was also a few families of Sequoia standing tall and more than enough gnats to make you want to turn around.



From Left: Me, Katie, Curt, Jody and Luke, Cheryl and Dad.




Katie, Jody and Raelene before my graduation dinner. Thank you ladies for making a great meal!
One last meal with my classmates before the White Coat Ceremony and Graduation.
Thursday night was great! It was the physical therapy students alone being celebrated without the other professions. This is my class, 68 of us.
Hector, Angela, Mamiko, Stacy, Michelle and I before the White Coat Ceremony.
I somehow managed to win two awards. One for excellent clinical performance and another for general interest in the physical therapy profession and community activities (below).


Here is the one who made it all happen. My beautiful wife who supported me through long nights of studying. As well as studying through meals and sacrificing time with her for the hope to pass what seemed to be impossible exams. She made the most of it by learning new recipes and investing in the womens ministry at our church.
My parents with Katie and I following graduation. IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER!!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The journey is over. Another season come and gone. Mount Shasta wished us well and sent us off with a full view.
Occasionally, I stop what I am doing and am reminded that school is over. June 12, the day I hoped for during late night of studying with heavy eyelids is now a day in the past. It is mine- an education that can't be taken or failed. It is one of my proudest memories. But I came home from California with more than just an expensive piece of paper. I came home with a deeper love for my wife, a wife that is more beautiful than the day we married. I came home with memories of new friends where we shared new adventures together. I grew up. Oh yeah, and I came home with the coolest freakin' dog in the world!

3 comments:

The Lawsons said...

Congrats Scott and Katie!!!!! You've both worked very hard to make so much possible for your future and your family! I have so much pride in both of you! Now its on to the next step of your life's journey...... babies!!!! lol! Love you and see you soon.
~Ashley

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Scott!!! You have achieved the first of your career dreams......keep on dreaming and striving! Hugs, Aunt Annie

Tracy said...

So proud of you Scott & Katie!! It's been wonderful getting to know you both! My prayer is that we can stay in touch and see each other again soon! Love, Tracy