Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back where I come from

Part of me feared what I was going to see when we landed in Cleveland. Only slight embarrassment as mom and dan greeted us with this sign.
I was really looking forward to the grand tour of the backyard. Mom and Dan do such a good job keeping it up and always looking to plant something for a surprise the next spring.


There is no shortage of life as squirrels, colorful birds, deer and the occasional coyote call the yard their playground.

Dinners on the patio are a must.
Katie caught in the act...stealing off my plate!

I brought home my regalia so the rest of the family could see and get photos.

Leave it to mom to announce to the neighborhood as she posted this sign on the garage door.
With much hard work from Mom, Dan, Kate, Emily and Aaron, and many more, my graduation party was great. Thanks to you all for blessing me!

The patio was decorated with photos and trinkets from past years. My favorite was my bobble head doll with my 4th grade picture.














Nothing like a friendly afternoon game of Jarts, the game that was outlawed due to too many picnic injuries and no longer sold.
Everyone who visits gets a picture by the outhouse. Emily and Aaron, who are seasoned pros with pictures by the outhouse.



The next destination is Washington, D.C. for a day and then to Outer Banks, NC. I'll post D.C pictures midweek. Until then, it's back to enjoying time with the family and the beach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Screened in porches, must be a thing in Ohio because John's grandparents have one almost identical to the one in your pic.

Anonymous said...

Screened in porches must be the thing in Ohio, because John's grandparents have one that is almost identical to the one in your pics.