Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So we decided we needed a vacation. The short weekend adventure trips we often take weren't enough. I have a buddy at Oz fitness where I work get us some incredible deals on plane tickets.(he works for Alaska Airlines) I wanted Alaska the state but Katie and I agreed on Mexico. Zihuatnaejo to be exact. (Above)
Zihuatnaejo is a fishing village with a few vacation spots. It is close to Ixtapa which was supposed to be the Cancun of the pacific. It never really took off so it is kind of a hidden treasure. Both towns are only 15 minutes away from each other. Also, Zih, is only 15 minutes from the airport which is in Ixtapa.
There will be lots to do: Kayaking, snorkeling, the market, hiking, and my favorite...taking pictures. We chose this place 'cause it is safe but more like true Mexican culture.
So just an update. We are excited. The dates are June 6th-11th. Yes, that is over our two year anniversary.

No comments: