Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good day, can't wait till tomorrow.

I apologize for the lack of pictures. There hasn't been a moment that I've even thought about taking a picture this weekend. It's summer here, everything is dead, brown and concrete.
I choose a bike ride this morning over church. I wanted to check out this paved trail by myself to make sure it would be safe for Katie. It is. It's ugly. The trail itself is smooth pavement that runs from Loma Linda to Huntington Beach. 40 or so miles. It is surrounded by highways, drainage canals (like the one in Terminator), bridges and stuff like that. I was cruising along at about 18 mph and starting to catch up to these three other riders when they all started ducking down on there bikes. I looked to there right and noticed a swarm of bees headed my way. No point in stopping they may hang around longer. I ducked and they started pelting me but I managed to not get stung. Last year I got a bee between my sunglasses and eye. I squeezed my eye shut and it held on to the bee and the bee stung my eyelid. Having a run-in with one bee is normal but to see a swarm of them coming at you was a first for me.
On my way back I saw a fellow rider walking his bike. I slowed down and asked if everything was alright and he said, "yes." I could have been sarcastic at that point. What person puts on those uncomfortable bike shoes, spandex and walks his bike down the road. He obviously had a flat tire. I had the supplies to fix that tire so I willingly offered. He was the most ungrateful (beep) i've met so far. I was like, "dude your wearing spandex, humble yourself." Here's my observation with Southern Californians: For every 2 friendly people that you meet you run into 5 that you want to punch. What's the deal with these people? Every time I encounter someone with an attitude that I didn't ask for it makes it all the harder to show respect to the next person. That's the problem: everyone thinks the next person has a problem with them. Long story short, I kept my mouth shut fixed his tire and hoped that I didn't get a flat on my way home cause I gave him my only tube. Seriously, I don't want to be influenced by these people. I hope I always stop.
On a better note I got to talk to lots of people I love today. My dad, Katie, the Koziol brothers, and smalley. The Koziol brothers live in Spokane and were just returning from a bachelor party for another friend of mine, Dan. (Kate and I are heading up to Spokane in Sept. for the wedding. ) They went up to Icicle Creek in Leavenworth, Wa on a backpacking adventure. I appreciated that because I have made the trek myself. There is great joy in knowing the guys that went on the trip are still friends even after I left. Tyler, age 9 I think, also went on the trip. He is Jake's son. Long story short, Jake has been in a custody battle for awhile and finally won. He gets Tyler for a good chunk of time each month and Tyler got to tag along on the trip. How cool for him to be apart of axe throwing, cutting down dead trees just to see them fall, wading through creeks, backpacking with dad, and observing the guys that were there. This is a good thing for him.
I start school tomorrow and am ready. I really need something to do. Let's get this thing going! Tomorrow I will be overwhelmed with school work but will have purpose and an objective. So, it's nine and time for a milkshake and then bed.(I need the milkshake cause I miss Katie.)

1 comment:

Brian and Cristina said...

You should have popped his other tire...just kidding. Good job sucking it up and showing love...that's what we are about.