Friday, September 12, 2008

crazy evening

Well, its almost 1am and im out on my porch with a citronella candle lit, Katies sound asleep, the crickets are chirping and its a cool 60 degree evening. Joel, my buddy from spokane and recent Korean prisoner (Read about it on his blog to the right of the screen) is on his way and will arrive shortly to spend the weekend with myself and Katie. He is considering Loma Linda and wants to hit the beach. I am on break from school so this is a wonderful time to make it all happen.
Crazy evening. I got call tonight from a worried parent that their daughter(one of my classmates) had yet to call after a way too long hike up in the San Gorigio Mountains. They left at 545 this morning and had yet to give word of any return. They finally heard around 1030 tonight only to bring some news that two students hadn't made it down the mountain. So as of tonight, James and Rochelle are stuck up in the mountains in the pitch black sub 50degree temps and hopefully staying warm. Some humor must be applied to the situation that luckily for James, Rochelle is a rather attractive girl. Any guy would rather keep warm with the pretty girl than his best guy friend. It should be a long cold night and thats about it. I got word from Holly's parents to contact both Rochelles and James' Parents. Long story short I ended up calling Larry Chinnock, the Head of the Physical Therapy Dept., and the guy who interviewed me and gave me a shot at PT school. Yeah it was around 11pm. I met him at school with information and we went through the emergency contacts so he could notify the parents. Thats where we are now. There in the woods, the search and rescue will head out at 6am and I wait for Joel to arrive hoping he stays awake and makes it here. These are all concerns but it is good to know that I sit on the front porch like a guard while my bride sleeps soundly no more than a few feet away. She's safe. I mean if someone came up here now what am I going to do, throw the computer at them? Maybe Ill light them on fire with the citronella candle. That's the beauty of going crazy. When danger arrives it can turn anyone into an animal. Luckily Loma Linda is safe and we don't worry about those things often.
Man, crazy stuff. I played softball today. It was fun. Yeah not much more to say. I hear a car...headlights...yep...there we go...it's Joel. Welcome friend to my home. Brothers reunite. Welcome brother!

No comments: