Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spokane Reunion in Loma Linda

What a wonderful first week off from school. It started with getting plenty done. I was able to clean, plant, and build. It was nice to get it done before all the action took place. This is a picture off my front porch. Just a wonderful morning to sit outside and visit.



This is a picture of some classmates right before our last final. We were sharing in dinner and attempting to get some studying in before the test the next day. Our house can hold plenty of people. There were more in the living room.
This was a bitter sweet evening. I am losing confidence in my buckeyes. They have lost three huge games in a row. We still managed to have good eats, good company and I think the wives are going to be good friends.
These pictures are so out of order. This is a pool party the day of finals. We finished class and headed to a student's parents house for food and swimming.
Katie and I at the get together.
My buddy Joel arrived late Thursday night and I am still staring at him. Like I said before he is considering PA school and wanted to check out the area and the school. He has really enjoyed his time and I am glad our home can be a place where people feel rested and comfortable. He has had time to think, pray and enjoy lots of football, motorcycle racing and movies.


This morning we had another good friend show up- Sarah Gothold from Spokane. Her family lives in the L.A. area and made a short trip out here to see Katie and I and enjoy breakfast with the two of us and Joel.Spokane is our next trip and that should be fun. I will have just about a full week there. I'm interested in seeing how it accepts Katie and I. Will it be a place that we can see ourselves going back to when school is done? It is a long way away but will be interesting to see what it's like after being gone for a few months. Well, Ill update with pictures in a few days.

2 comments:

Nancy and Danny said...

Just remember, Scott, if Spokane doesn't work out; there's always Ohio! Lotsa color and seasonal changes, lotsa job opportunities, etc. Oh yeah, and lotsa family!
MOM

Adams Adventure said...

Hey Lyons!

Sure had fun with you this past weekend...steaks weren't too bad either. Have a great time up in Spokane and we'll see you when you get back.

J & J