Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy and Loving It

We went to this resort up on Big Bear Mountain. It was for a marriage retreat. The area was disappointing. Not much of a retreat but a small city with chain restaurants and grocery stores. The actual conference was good. We were the youngest couple by at least 10 years.

We were given these awesome gift baskets.Not much foliage. Lots of sage brush and pine trees. This was just outside the resort.
Last weekend a buddy and I were driving in San Bernardino.(Ghetto) You never want to go there. It is a rough area. He is Phillipino so I figured we were better off than being two white guys. We stopped at the first ever McDonald's. It was not longer in operation but now stands as a museum.
Any one remember the hamburger cage thing? That's me in the car. I got in trouble.
We have been riding bikes every Thursday after school. We have a solid 5-8 riders every week.
Catherine and Melanie. Two students. We, as a class, try to play softball every Friday after labs. These girls have never played softball before but have played a huge roll on our intramural softball team thus far. Melanie (glasses) plays second base. Catherine is our catcher. We tell her to "just stand under it!" on foul balls and she's yet to drop one. Haha! Yes we are all still wearing shorts everyday.
Katie continues to blow me away with her ability to put together amazing meals. Two Fridays ago we got a movie ("leatherheads"), some food, and enjoyed an evening in.
I volunteered at a Disablilities sports festival two Saturday's ago. Chick Filet and In n' Out Burger fed us. I was labeled "First Aid" cause I go to Loma Linda. I put a few bandaids on and treated a bee sting. The main reason they wanted Loma Linda students as first aid volunteers was to carry out proper proceedure in case of an epileptic seizure. Katie laughed when I called home to "google" epileptic seizure to find out how to treat one. It's really not a big deal, just let them have it and call 911 if it lasts longer than 3 minutes.
It's amazing how people put you in the "smart" catagory when you tell them you are in Physical Therapy school. I just got off the phone with a guy from church who I had to convince I couldn't do anything for him cause I am a 1st year student and he needs to go see his doctor then go see the practicing P.T. I met a guy who tells people he is a gardener so they won't tell him their problems. "Oh, your a gardener. I like flowers too." I like gardening. I am a foot taller than anyone in my class. JK.
These two in the center of the photo below played tennis in the olympics. The girl was a gem and it was interesting to watch all the guys, handicapped or not, surround her.
Oh, I rebounded so far this week. Way above average on all quizes and ready to tackle my midterms this week and next.

No comments: