Thursday, October 9, 2008

Overall, a good day today.

So today we found out that there was a spot on this marriage counseling retreat up at Big Bear Lake. We decided not to go months ago cause it was expensive. Someone asked us to go and it would be paid for. So tomorrow evening we are going to Big Bear for half the weekend.

I failed today at something. I don't like to fail. And the hatred I have towards it makes me obsessive about succeeding at the things I do. I have always been above the average in my class. I got a 70% on a quiz. That's failing. I can handle that. I can make that up. But the average was 83%. That's what bothers me. I was missing something that everyone else got. I have to remind myself that I worked harder than most when preparing for the quiz but some students are excellent crammers and with a little luck, passed the quiz. I'm not speaking with pride or conceit but just being honest about something that will make me work harder next time.

Ok, "The Office" is on.

No comments: