Thursday, October 23, 2008

Crying

If you want to see a grown man cry come to my house. Today I was brought to tears twice. First, I found out that soldier David was on his way to Kuwait and then to Germany. OUT OF IRAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dad called me this afternoon to tell me everyone is getting together tonight to celebrate. I'll just stay here and shed a few more tears of joy.
Secondly, I was touched by a handicapped girl struggling in a device that is going to help her walk for the first time. All we had to do was go to this convention and get some signatures for school and there she was, arms free, stumbling around and trying like crazy to make her body listen to her brain. I've cried like three times in the last month. Maybe there is such thing as male PMS.
I'm taking Loma Linda by storm. Yesterday I got my employee badge. I'll start with my first trainee in the near future. And on Wednesday, I will be nominated for class president. Yes, that's just as surprising to me as it is to you. That doesn't mean I will be president that just means that a large chunk of the class thinks I should do it. That's enough for me. The fact that people believe that I have the ability to steer the class of 2011 in the right direction. I think Wednesday we will elect all offices from fundraising team to sports coordinator to president.
Katie and I are going to Joshua Tree tomorrow. We are going with some new friends that have shown interest in us. They, Curt and Jodi, are in their late 20's and early 30's. He is a doc in the area and she is a nurse practioner. With us will be about 10 other people (their friends) that we have also met. All are linked either through the medical community or cycling. I'll update pictures on Sunday sometime.

1 comment:

Brian and Cristina said...

That's great Scott...about your brother and your leadership at school.
I think I'll just put Scott Lyon as a "write-in" on Nov.4th.
Keep up the good work!