Thursday, October 2, 2008

Updates

Yeah, it's hot here. The good news is relief is in sight. I'm enjoying it. Yesterday it was 100, today 90, tomorrow 80 and Saturday they are saying 70's. Then it will warm up again. It will be nice to have the windows open instead of the A/C on all the time.

Some updates... School is going slower than the other two quarters. Lots to do but lots of time to accomplish everything. I've had a few quizes and done well on them. My labs are fun. I have my electrotherapy lab tomorrow. ZAP!! Saturday I am volunteering at the Special Olympics at Cal State. Handicap kids are a blast when it comes to sports. They take it super serious but want everyone to succeed. At least that's my experience. Sunday Kate and I are going to the museaum of tolerance in L.A. I have to for school. I don't know anything about it.
The two pictures are of the Drayson Center. It is the athletic center here at Loma Linda. Tuesday at noon I have an appointment with the director about personal training. We have had three conversations about training since we moved here and I think I'm just going to do it. He told me "the door was always open" and that's a great opportunity. I feel privleged.

School is difficult but i'm finding that stressing for A's without work isn't as enjoyable as B's and some money in my pocket. Heck if it doesn't work out then I can quit.
http://lomalindahealth.org/common/legacy/eastcampus/seniors/images/drayson.jpg
That's it. Tomorrow is Katie's birthday so we will probably eat food and i'll try to think of something creative. I'll have more pics to add hopefully by Sunday.

2 comments:

Brian and Cristina said...

Happy Birthday Katie :)

Anonymous said...

Is that snow in the hills? What mountains are those in the background? Where is the smog??

This must be some computer enhanced photo!

VIV