Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Friends!

Months ago, when Kate and I began to attend Trinity church we knew no one. We knew we couldn't just go and leave right after the service so we decided to make an effort to get to know people. It helps that Katie is an employee and meeting tons of people everyday. This was good, but we noticed there was a lack of people our age at our church...or so we thought. In the last few months Katie and some other new friends decided to make a list of every person in their 20's that attended Trinity. The result was a Christmas party with well over 40 people our age.
I'm excited to see what happens with all these people. I'm finding for myself there are three guys that I have spent most of my free time with. Ryan, Brian and Mike. All are married and Katie gets along with their wives well. I met Ryan when Katie invited his wife over for the USC/Ohio State game. He is a USC fan (and wouldn't have been invited had I know that before) and as you can assume I didn't think to highly of him after the game. Mike came to a pick up softball game. It was evident he wanted friends cause he was so bad at softball. It's kinda a joke now.

Ryan invited Katie and I to our first professional hockey game: The Los Angeles Kings. Mike invited us to the San Diego Zoo. I appreciate their initiative because they value our friendship even though I am overwhelmingly busy with school.The lady below wasn't all smiles the whole evening. I smoked her in the white elephant exchange and these binoculars went home with me. They are some nice binoculars.
Brian and Mike hanging out by the fire.
Ok, that's all. We miss everyone. As the holidays get closer it gets a little harder to be away from family. Luckily, there isn't an ounce of Southern California that feels like Christmas.

2 comments:

sarah said...

So glad that Southern Cal now has some Lyons in it!

Nancy and Danny said...

You did a great job on your setup(high praises from a professional Hebrew slave).Welcome to my world of being part of the 10%!Acts4:32-35 should be required memorization for church membership.I would write more but I have to go set up 550 chairs and make sure the walkways are clear for CHRISTmas Eve services.By the way,we are looking for some part time help...interested?