Sunday, March 29, 2009

1,000 Steps Beach

1,000 Steps Beach is in South Laguna. Because it is a decent walk DOWN to the beach you don't get many small children and there seem to be quite a few locals.The best thing I ever did was take the Boccie ball set from my dad's garage before I moved out west. (Dad, if you ever wondered, I have the Boccie ball set.) That set has seen more sand, dirt, rocks and roots than any other boccie ball set. I'm convinced boccie and volleyball are the perfect mix of exercise and enjoyment for any beach day.
The winter rain brings all sorts of plant life to pop up everywhere.
The house Katie and I purchased with the money I make at my part time job. I have to throw the "Just kidding" in there for those of you who actually think I'm serious.
I read there were 227 actual steps that make up the pathway to the beach from the road. Between the boccie balls, food, camera, and other necessities on my back going down the steps I was reminded why I exercise.
We made the short drive to Dana Point just south of Laguna. We could have done without but it was nice to say we were there I guess.

No comments: