Sunday, February 21, 2010

The "ups" and "downs" of our weekends...

With the Olympics underway and a welcomed slow week of school our weekends have shown no consistency and challenged us to let go of anything set in stone. A weekend retreat away turned into a wonderful one day conference about marriage. Opening ceremonies at the Olympics was complimented with a lovely dinner at the Bouma's home thanks to the ladies. Is she ready for motherhood or what? This is Luke, Curt and Jody's son.
So much for Church. I stole Rebecca's valentine, Mike, who helped make our indestructible Toyota run again. Leaving for Church Sunday morning, I was surprised to find it wouldn't start. It was totally my fault! I could hear the car yelling, "Why are you taking me apart? I didn't do anything?!" Oh well, good hang out time and no harm done.This past Saturday, Curt took us to Steak 'n Stein. I guess it is the equivalent to Wolf Lodge, a steak place in Northern Idaho I absolutely love. It was very good but would have been much better if Katie could have joined us. She had previously committed to a wedding shower for a friend of ours. I respect her for following though with it even though she was missed.

I learned my lesson today. Don't drag your wife with you to a NASCAR event. It will do nothing good for you marriage. Ha! We were graced with free tickets from Mike and Rebecca who joined us. It was my first professional race and can check off another "to do" while we are here in California.





It was so cool to stand next to this fence and watch these cars fly by. You hear it and feel it.

Below is a picture we took just after Katie's nap. She can sleep through 40 race cars with 750 horsepower going at speeds pushing 200mph but nudges me every time I snore at night. Women are SO hard to figure out!
Three more weeks and then spring break! Time to lower the shoulders and run full speed into the brick wall I call school.

2 comments:

Nancy and Danny said...

Katie,I see in the baby feeding photo what looks like a cup of coffee,now that's my girl! DanDad

Unknown said...

I was pretty happy to stumble across your blog! Your banner picture with the sweaters, LOVE. IT. it made me laugh.