Thursday, March 25, 2010

adventures for leftovers


The beautiful Couer d'alene lake

“Ohhh, no way! You’re not going to do that!” Jeremy loaded a larger spoonful of horseradish on a bite of steak than I did. I prodded him on. As the tears streamed down his face and he coughed we got a good laugh. The Wolf Lodge has always brought good memories. Sitting alone off the freeway in the mountains up in the northern panhandle sits one of the most unique and most delicious steak houses I know about. You would never know by looking at it. It always works that way.




We dropped into a coffee shop. The guys were able to talk them into staying open for us while we enjoyed coffee. Jeremy enjoying two shots of espresso.
Spokane river.

My knees kept hitting my forearms. As I pedaled I realized this might not be a great idea. 12-14 miles is typically an easy ride. In the normal sitting postion on a bike your head shouldn’t be over the front tire. Mine was. Jason laughed as he sat comfortably on his new 2010 carbon fiber Felt road bike. My “I’m just borrowing this bike cause I don’t live here” bike acted like it was excited to be out on the asphalt but was just as out of shape as I was. The wind was blowing, my hands were becoming numb but I had a smile on my face and when I tried to wipe it off to see if I could I couldn’t. Being on a bike with your friends in beautiful country is one of the greatest feelings.





1 comment:

Nancy and Danny said...

my mouth is watering for steak!guess I'll fire up the grill and enjoy the new log patio.