Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So far....

Out of the corner of my eye I caught the lady next to me with her open hands turned up. A prayer for a safe landing I assume. I turned toward the window and anticipated the smoke from the wheel when we first made contact with the ground. These smaller planes always make for a more interesting flight. But with the turbulence comes a lower flying altitude; that with the Cascade mountain range makes for a beautiful flight from Seattle to Spokane.

The phone rang but no answer. I looked up to see the other end of my phone call standing there. Jake looked the same as I had last seen him. Big smile as if the world was perfect. A good embrace and a lighter load as he took one of my two bags. The walk to the car brought cooler but cleaner air. Spokane has no distinct smell. Not until summer when the pine trees start to heat up do you notice any memorable sense.

A local burrito shop was our destination as the hunger of 6 hours of flying was taking a toll on my stomach. The "Hungry Man's" burrito was my choice. Filled with steak, potatoes, corn salsa, cheese and something special was probably the last thing I needed but what the heck, lets eat!

A simple walk took me to familiar places. I went alone. I found myself calling a couple people but no answers. This was good though. Spring has started here and barely.

I learned much on my walk. I will share later as my friends are arriving here. Time is limited.

Scott

No comments: