Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The 4th.

It was a bittersweet day on Sunday. Katie was up a good two hours before me. Funny how trips can be exhausting and refreshing all at the same time. The thought of only one more day in the great Northwest was enough to convince me to get out of bed. I was ready to soak up whatever we did that day. It's been a long time since i've been reluctant to leave a vacation spot. Usually I'm ready to get back to my everyday routine. The thought of returning to Southern California was at the back of my mind.

We had more homemade ice cream.
I don't recall ever having a party with two camp fires.Table tennis filled the cracks of our schedule. We consistently played 15-20 games a day. Jay, Katie's dad, and I even cleaned the garage to make more foot and swing space.
Gourmet dogs with chili, potato salad, macaroni salad and all the other foods you have on the 4th. The masterminds of the whole operation. Grillin' hotdogs together for 52 years.The clouds made for beautiful scenery and the scattered showers in the area (that were of no threat to us) brought the anticipation of a memorable sunset.A memorable sunset we got!Light rain brought out lots of colors that reflected off the surrounding clouds and water.The bay began to boom just after sundown.I was thinking of how to capture the view of the bay with the camera. It's always an incredible site to see-all the fireworks going off down the coast. This picture is a little small but you could try to double click it to enlarge it. I was able to leave the shutter on my camera open for 30 seconds while having it on the highest ISO. I'm not a student of the camera but I have managed to figure out what works I guess.Cousin Matthew let off a string of fireworks right behind me that lit up our group long enough to snap a couple shots. Before we left on Monday we went for a walk. Well, a couple of us opted for bikes so we could fit in a couple games of ping pong. The walk took us to a cliff that overlooked the San Juan Islands. The fields were filled with purple and white flowers.
Katie and I learned plenty on this trip. We still aren't 100% as to where we will call home at the end of next summer but it's no surprise where we are leaning.

What's next? Four internships and lots of fun.

No comments: