Sunday, July 11, 2010

Disney Land & California Adventure

I've delayed at posting for one reason. I have some videos of our recent journeys to Disney but they won't upload. I got inpatient and understand you have too so decided it's a long summer and can post them later. Anyways, we gave in and bought season passes to Disneyland. Let the fun begin.

California Adventure is an interesting place. It cadres more to adults but is still for kids. That doesn't make sense I know.
My favorite ride in all the land is the Toy Story ride. It's 3D and you get to shoot 3D darts, rings and baseballs at targets and try to rack up as many points as possible. Katie was beating me up until the last minute then I came though in the clutch and hit a 2,000 pointer. Eat it!
As you can see, my wife is very beautiful. That is her in the fairy tale. I told her long ago they used her for the story but needed to see for herself.
Katie walking across the bridge in the Tarzan Tree.
Katie and I decided to face our fears later in the day. As we walked through the park we shared stories of childhood experiences with "scary" rides. My scary moment happened in Disney World actually, when I was in the fifth grade. The ride "It's a small world" decided to stop working while we were in the middle of it. That song repeated over and over. It was hot, humid and I wanted to rip the head off of the cardboard cutout of the little girl singing in my ear.
Katie's was more drastic than mine. I made it through the ride. She had yet to face her fears. Below is a picture just before we entered the whales mouth. This was her childhood fear. This time it was a little more manageable for her.
Tonight we head to the Redlands Bowl for "MusicMan" the play. Should be fun to have all our friends there watching Rae act and break a leg on stage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to you from Jan Pike. Just looking at your site today. When we went to Disneyland with the girls every day I would say, "This really IS the happiest place on earth"! Glad you are doing well. God Bless.