Monday, August 2, 2010

What we do when we aren't on vacation...

This weekend we discovered through a friend a place that gives 15 dollar massages. It's in an area of L.A. where mostly asians live. We really didn't know what to expect and I was nervous for Katie. It turned out to be great. "You fifteen dolla" Tanku! and we were on our way feelin' good.

While the guys and myself went to an Angels baseball game( I can't find those pictures right now) Katie and Sarah stayed in and cooked up some home made apricot and strawberry jam.
Last Saturday we and 12 of our other friends went early to the Redlands Bowl for some dinner (Katie and Jody busy at work) and then supported Rae who was in the musical.

That's Rae, dead center.

Rae again...
Rae sportin' green.

One of the benefits of working in a gym is meeting people from all kinds of walks of life. Norm(orange shirt), a lifetime RVer and retired highway patrolman came to me a couple weeks ago for training. He wasn't here very long and was here for other reasons but it was a great time getting to hang out with him. He took me shooting today. Skeet shooting.


In the distance you can see the trap still in one piece. It stayed like that till it hit the ground.
That's me with the bruised shoulder.
Hot August day.
I tried to stick my belly out as far as I could for this picture.
I've got the week off. I've golfed, exercised, read, cleaned up what messes I made, worked a bit at the gym and anatomy lab, and started packing for our trip to Big Sur next weekend.

My third rotation went well. I guess I should post something about my clinical experience. Maybe I will soon. Next week I start at Redlands Community Hospital where I will be applying all my general medicine stuff in the ICU. Scary!

1 comment:

The Lawsons said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Norm and the other guy. Perfect!