Monday, November 15, 2010

Leila...15 weeks

I always tell people she makes a good first impression. I say it as if she isn't always on her best behavior. For a puppy, she is incredibly well mannered and very good at pleading ignorance.
Sometimes I find Leila wrapped in my clothes. Clean or dirty she will lay comfortably and dose off. This is Kate's fault, well, it's probably mine. I heard if you give them a dirty shirt to lay on it forms a stronger bond because it has your scent on it. She makes a great pillow


The watchdog is innate. I don't know if we can do anything about it. She only barks when she is serious and otherwise speaks with a quick "huff!" through the nose as if to say, "I see you!"
She has claimed the front window as her domain and nothing gets up or down the road without her knowing it.

Walking is one of my favorite times of the day. Walks before Leila consisted of frowning people with their daily plans on their mind. I now get smiles, waves, and whistles all directed at Leila. Yesterday a guy came out of his house and gave her two treats!
Below, Leila hunting moles that destroy our yard.
We are working on the ears. Katie and I couldn't go through with clipping her ears but they may stand on their own. One ear is almost always up and the other is trying. She can hold them both up but chooses the left over the right. She looks so good with them up.


She has been socialized and every time someone comes to our home she reminds us her bladder doesn't have full control of itself yet.

She really takes a liking to other dogs as well. Below, Jasper and Gizmo meet Leila and enjoy a fun evening of butt smelling, paw punching and wrestling. Leila is starting to learn that not all dogs like to play and swatting your paw at another can mean angry teeth and a bite.
Weekends are great! Usually it means, music on, cleaning, good healthy food, walks, adventures and of course... football.

Do these waffles say anything about Katie's personality? Very type A indeed!
Nothing like coming around the corner and seeing your puppy doing this! We nipped this one in the bud quickly. I couldn't help laugh though as my mind went back to our late pup Cassie.
At the end of the day a chew toy may get bitten all the way until she closes her eyes. Another day done. She knows 5:30 am is just around the corner.

No comments: