Friday, September 7, 2012

More from the homestead.

Life is far from basic right now. But as Katie and I figure out life outside of school (yes, it's been way over a year) I continue to thank God for my job, family and opportunities to serve my community. Everyday I say to myself, "We are finally back to Spokane. We are doing it!" Everyday I say that like it's my first day back.

Avery and Leila are still figuring each other out. Avery smiles big time with every sighting of Leila. Leila is figuring out Avery can wiggle her way to her and that freaks her out a bit. 
 Food coma.
 Hanging out at Chaps Bistro w/ the brothers and Rachel before the brothers head to Seattle. Above, Avery being a good calm girl allowing us time for good conversation.

 Everyday I walk Leila. Everyday. Everyday she is on me like glue until her leash is on and we are out the door.  "The Bluff" is a short five minute walk from our house.

 I haven't posted much about my job. I guess I should since I haven't and don't have a very good history about career posts.  Some of my day consists of the above...Spokane back country. Sometimes you don't know whats behind the next tree.
 While I'm at work Katie enjoys time with other moms. Tiffany and Kate got together recently and went up to Greenbluff and picked fruit and made raspberry peach jam.


Avery had her 4 month follow up this week. All is well thank you Jesus. She is in the 50th percentile for head and weight and 90th percentile for length.  She's gonna be tall like her momma!
Avery is starting to love tummy time.  She has begun rolling but usually gets angry enough with her current position to distract herself from actually focusing on doing it. 
We got a new car.  It drives nice.  Subaru. And yes, for everyone over the age of 70, I know it's Japanese.
 Labor day weekend we went to the westside to see Katie's cousin, husband and girls.  We also moved Jason to Seattle where he will start a new job with Mars Hill church.

 This two year old can manipulate an Ipad better than a coloring book.
Midget arm pose.
 The prettiest mountain in Washington...Mt. Rainier.

 Good morning smiles!


 Just another day at the office. 
Night time is the best time.  Avery gets a little physical therapy to work on sitting and rolling, followed by prayer or a bedtime story or like any baby, squawks until we leaver her alone.

No comments: