Sunday, July 20, 2008

Come Explore Wonderful Loma Linda

What a blessed weekend. I have been unmotivated to meet new people down here in So. Cal. It was great to see Kaleb and Joel. Even better, Joels family showed up with him. He has a very hospitable family and Katie and I once again was bless by a family here. There are lots of great people down here but I have yet to meet someone who will look me in the eye, tell me the truth and tell me what I can do better. Yes, I have only been here 6 weeks but lets get on with it. Washington, Ohio and even PA were great environments for that type of friendship. Brotherhoods full of healthy competition and care enough about each other to sacrifice their time and other commitments.
I don't quite understand girl relationships. I don't mean Katie and I, that is a marriage and a specific individual situation. I mean Katie and other girls. (Katie just told me that she wants to learn to dance.) Her personality is just as outgoing as mine but yeah, I don't know what to say, she has good friends too. I don't know.

Below is a picture Katie took for Joel. He's always wanted a picture with me with his leg in the air like that. Joel lives in Korea now and will possibly come home in December for good. He might move to Orange Co. with his Grandparents but may return to Spokane or Seattle. He enjoys adventure more than I do and the chances a girl will ever settle him down with him are slim to none. Many have tried.
Chimay: A dark ale brewed by Belgian monks in a Trappist monastery dating back to 1863. Like fine wine these guys enjoy discovering fine tastes outside the box of traditional beers. All of my friends pride themselves on never drinking beer from a can or enjoying beer that tastes like tap water. Oh, and I want to make one thing clear on the issue of alcohol. Who made up the rule that beer is a bad thing. I'm tired of hearing "more bad comes from alcohol than good." Let me say something: I've had conversations with people that I never would have had a chance to talk to if it wasn't over a beer. People can have there own opinions, thats fine, but your conviction on what you do isn't necessarily a conviction that I might have. (There is always morally right and wrong.) I'm confident with saying that I have seen more good come from it than bad. Let's shake things up a bit. Let's not be so quick to have opinions on things we are so quick to say are wrong. "No, No, I don't do that! That's not right!" Well...why don't you? Is it really wrong or is it just someone told you it was as a kid and it's what you've believe your whole life. I know...My opinion. Email me if you want to schedule a fist fight in the front yard.
Katie just got off the phone with her mom. She is going to Blaine for 3 weeks. PAAAARTY!! Just kidding. She leaves next Saturday at 7pm. If anyone wants to come down and stay here while she's gone I'd like that. I have a car and a couch and bikes, that's pretty much it. We'll call it Lyon's Lair B&B. I can make an egg on the stove without breaking the yolk.

2 comments:

Jeremy Koziol said...

I can respect men who drink such as fine God-breathed beverage such as Chimay, though I prefer the Chimay Triple. It is good to see you and Joel and Kaleb and Papa Rich together... reminds me of some great times, foreshadowing things to come I hope. And don't tempt me with the Lyon B&B. I do have a few weeks off in August... hmmmmm.

Brian and Cristina said...

Thats funny Scott..Cristina and I just had this conversation last night over dinner (one's convictions may differ from anothers).
Anyway, your the man and you better start responding to my texts..love you bro.