Friday, July 25, 2008

Table For One

Today is Friday. I have four days left of the hardest class of my life. I had a goal this week of a 92% on my written test and a high 96-98% on my lab practical. This is very do able for me but I ended up with a 91% on my lab and a 93% on my written. So...I guess that is good. I kept myself afloat. A 92% is an A-(3.7GPA). That is my real goal. Two tests left, a cumulative written and lab test.
The picture below is at the Redlands town "Bowl". This was a symphony playing last week. Tonight we are going with a bunch of people to see "the wizard of oz".
Tomorrow I'm taking Katie to Palm Springs. This isn't a date or a romantic getaway, this is a must that we'll look back on in thirty years and smile on. The economy sucks down here just like everywhere, and there are no jobs anywhere. I've mentioned that Katie is looking for a job in past posts. She is going to Blaine, Wa afterall. She'll stay with her family and work alittle, while spending time with them instead of sitting on the couch here. On a positive note, She interviewed with the lady she would work under at Trinity Church this past Thursday. It went really well and she will know on Wednesday. This is Katies ideal job. It is something with a purpose and something she's good at.
Well, that's all the new stuff. Enjoy the weekend. We will.

1 comment:

hrkirkland said...

Hi Scott and Katie! This is Heather Kirkland... remember us? :0) Eric Polz sent me the link to your blog and I've been reading it for about a month now and never stopped to say hello! :) Jamie and I are soooooooo happy for the two of you! Nancy keeps us in the loop on your life and adventures. However, I wanted to stop in and let you know that we are thinking about you. Jamie can relate to what you are encountering in with your academics lately... PT school is rough sometimes. Did you begin your DPT yet? Please email us with your current email address so we can get in touch with you! Our emails are hrkirkland@gmail.com and ptkirkland@gmail.com. Looks like the Lord has provided many blessings in your life! Amen! Miss you and hope to meet Katie sometime! Love your big sister and brother in Christ, Heather and Jamie