Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here We Go Again!!

Today was the first day of college football. I am please to say that the Buckeyes, at the expense of possibly losing their Heisman canidate runningback, beat Youngstown state handily. USC fans are breathing a sigh of relief because they know he might not play against them in two weeks when Ohio state heads out here to Southern California to play at the Rose Bowl. It doesn't really matter anyway. The teams this year are so balanced and there isn't one awesome team so a loss for any team this early in the season won't matter too much come January. I want to stress the word "too."
There is something about Saturday football that is comforting. I must admit, it isn't nearly as fun watching it by myself. Katie tries but she reminds me often that we've only been married for two years and it is going to take her time to enjoy football. I'm glad she's trying.
I met some students to study this week. They called me crazy. What? "You midwestern football fans are crazy." I smiled to that compliment.
We got cable this week. Now I can watch games on saturdays. We got the basic channels but on Saturday there are still like 8 games on throughout the day.
We went to this place on campus called the "little white house." It is a thrift store I guess. It has beds, furniture and kitchen stuff. Katie brought home lots of stuff for the kitchen. I got this dresser below. It is in great shape and I couldn't believe that someone gave it away. It's a rather expensive dresser made from good wood. The deal is you borrow the furniture and bring it back when you are done with school. I told the lady that if I took this it would require lots of work and would not be bringing it back in three years. She was fine with that.Some of you care so I'll tell you. I took off the handles. Each drawer had a key lock with a key. I took those off and will replace with new handles. Sorry I didn't rotate the below picture. The drawers are going to have a light stain and everything else will be a darker brown stain. Sounds ugly but just wait. It will take me some time but eventually it will look good.
I have two finals this week. I also have two quizes (a quiz in grad school isn't the same as a quiz in undergrad). I already finished a paper that is do on Thursday. I have got a huge jump on next week and it's only Saturday. Some of you have asked how i'm doing grade wise. I got my lowest grade of the year this week...84% in Manual Muscle Testing. Well, I thing I got an 82% once in Anatomy. An 84% is passing but close to failing. No worries. Anyway. Going into this week I have an A(95%) in Med. Terminology, an A-(93.9) in Kinesiology, and the other two classes are too low in points to really justify a grade. Those points will come this week. Sorry to bore some of you with numbers.
We are going to the beach tomorrow after church. I don't know which one but that's what we are doing.
Katie starts work on Monday. She is ready to go. I'm ready for her. It will be good for her to start getting involved with things around here.
This blog is all about me. I honestly don't know what's up with Kate. Our conversations are getting shorter as we get closer to finals. Tomorrow at the beach we will catch up. Maybe she'll write midweek with how here first few days of work went.
Go Buckeyes!!

No comments: