Friday, August 1, 2008

Victory!

Anatomy is over. I did it! I got the grade I wanted...an A-. Well, an A+ would have been nice but that wasn't going to happen. Nine credit hours down and I'm starting things off right. A lot has happened since I last wrote. Besides school, I went camping/mountain biking, settled into bachelorhood for a short while and experienced the rumblings of a 5.4 earthquake.
A new friend of mine, Andy and I went up to Lake Arrowhead to ride some trails and get away from the city. We had a great dinner and went mountain biking. The mountain biking was a little challenging for me. The roads were loose dirt and steep ATV trail so braking was a problem. All I could think about was showing up to lab monday with a cast. One of my next classes is manual muscle testing(very hands on). Andy agreed and we called it a day. Our biggest laugh came when we were finished riding on Thursday evening. I got cleaned up and we started preparing dinner. I did my best to hold in my laugher because Andy didn't realize he still had his helmet on. He had it on a solid half hour after we got done riding.
Adventure set in in the morning when the guys in the campground across from us discovered one of their buds wandered off in the middle of the night. He was nowhere to found. We offered to join the search and rescue team. So a few of us and a helicopter overhead set out looking. I felt like Rambo. The guy had been drinking and shirtless so dehydration and hypothermia was a concern. Andy and I shared thoughts about what we would do if you found him. We both realized that we've been staring at dead bodies for weeks so what's the fear of seeing another one? In the end the guy had wandered into the town 3-4 miles away and passed out. Maybe he'll learn his lesson after he gets the bill for the search and rescue time. Volunteering was cool enough.

Katie, until today, hadn't heard about the job at the church. She was supposed to find out on Wednesday afternoon. So she email them. The head guy wants to meet Katie before they hire her which is a good idea. Frustrated because she can't meet with him until she gets back in three weeks offered a phone interview. Instead they offered to fly hear down here. She'll know more in the next few days. At least i'll get to see her for a few days. Maybe she'll write and let you know her side.
The earthquake was cool. I thought someone was knocking on the door until it turned into a pounding. "Who's shaking my house?" That's the extent of it. Stuff moved in the house but nothing broke.
I don't know what I'm going to do this weekend. Exercise, go to church, maybe the beach, stuff around the house are a few options. Anyway, that's what's new in Southern Cal.

1 comment:

Jeremy Koziol said...

Man you look good on that bike! One of these days, we will unite our bikes in a holy-trail union. Go Giant!