Monday, November 17, 2008

Daily Grind

Lots of interesting twists to this week. Thursday, Katie asked me to go to a meeting with her Tuesday. I thought I would have enough time; not much as far as school is concerned this week. As the week approached we all discovered- Quiz on Monday, quiz on Tuesday, take home exam due Thursday and an in class quiz in the same class that same day on different material, two page paper due Wednesday, another quiz in another class on Wednesday. I'm not going to the meeting.
This afternoon I was studying and knew Katie was stressing about dinner. What were we going to have and how she didn't want to cook tonight. I called her and told her we were going out to dinner. We've been at each others throats this past week. We needed a night out. I set aside the studies; ignored the budget and enjoyed a nice dinner with my beautiful bride.
Today I got two calls from the Drayson center. In the midst of our crappy economic situation there are finally a few individuals who want a trainer. Mike and John, my first two new workers. Mike says I come highly recommended. I laugh and take the compliment knowing the scheduler doesn't have a clue what I am all about. It's all on paper. I'm finding you don't get refreshed from time off...just rusty. It is almost embarrassing when someone invests in your time. You become so grateful. I thought about applying at this autism school down the street. I still might. Just for Christmas break. I'm going to go nuts with nothing to do.

No comments: