Friday, November 7, 2008

highlights from...last week

Highlight #1: Monday night I attempted my first Apple pie--after 2 years of Scott begging me to make one.... I finally consented and got over my fear of crumbly pie dough. Here is the finished product:
It was delightful, i must say. A few things to tweak for next time. I definitely can't compare myself to Grandma Kathy or my mom quite yet...

Highlight #2:
After a pretty boring week (aside from coming home to a piece of pie every day!), Scott and I had our usual Friday night date night. We stayed in, I made pizza, we watched a movie... and then I got to experience something that doesn't happen very often, but i thought it was worth sharing....but i couldn't get it to load....so you'll have to wait with anxious anticipation!

Highlight #3: Prayers for relationships and a focus in ministry are starting to be answered...i'm sure there will be more to come with this. But it's awesome to see the people that God is bringing along our path and how these relationships are being brought together. We starting to find much contentment and joy during this season in Loma Linda.

Highlight #4: Scott W. Lyon has officially become the 2011 DPT class President. We had the other class officers over last night for dinner and a get-on-the-same-page meeting...

Highlight #5: Scott and some of his classmates were ALMOST this fall's Softball Intermural champions--in the play off game they ended up being defeated by one run!! The game was so intense the, but it's just inter-murals. So they didn't get a t-shirt, so they weren't undefeated... but they had a lot fun. :)

2 comments:

Joel said...

Scott needs to quit striking out, then maybe his team will have a chance at the title...

Nancy and Danny said...

Katie, You are quite the Hostess! Your culinary skills are such a gift!
Thank you for the updates on your lives. We miss you both.
Love, Nancy and Danny