Friday, November 21, 2008

Pool side, parties, and phood.

Life continues to be eventful here in Loma Linda. Here are some things:

Last week I woke up with a sore back just like every morning. The bed is super comfortable but too small for Katie and I.(It's a full.) We were both exhausted from the lack of space and waking up numerous times throughout the night. I prayed for a bed.

At noon that same day, Katie informed me there was a lady at the church that was giving away a queen size bed, boxspring, and frame. Now we have a new bed. Answered prayer.

This pic is our full bed; ready for anyone who wants to come visit.
I'm going to start taking pictures (may not be good pictures) of Katie's meals. This was turkey meatballs on skewers with peppers, sweet potato fries, and a salad with fetta, peppers, tomatoes and other stuff. So good!
You've met Larry; this is Henry. Larry controls the back half of the yard and Henry watches our door. I don't know much about their relationship except they live in Scatiesville.
Tonight is game night. Tomorrow I get to go to my first ever "man baby shower." Katie will hang out with the girls and I the guys. It should be a riot.

Monday night is our Thanksgiving party for our class. We are going to watch a movie on the huge screen in the auditorium we have lectures in everyday.

Today, I got out of class at 10am. I went to the gym and swam...outside. When I was done I sat on a chair and soaked up some sun. I kept repeating "it's November 21, it's November 21" over and over because I couldn't believe I was able to sit there this time of year. I don't think it will be enough to keep Kate and I here more than we need to be though.

2 comments:

Brian and Cristina said...

God is good...nice story about the bed. I can see the contest is on..check the blog for pics of a meal in the works and check back this week for the finished meal:)
GO BUCKS!

Jeremy Koziol said...

Hey, note to the Lyons: The Koziol brothers are praying for you up here in Spokanistan. Much love to you guys, and many blessings. Glad to see God blessing you two down there. Seeing him do that makes me love him all the more... and love you guys all the more, too.
Peace.
K-b's