Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Here are a few pictures from our Halloween this year. Our church puts on this HUGE (stress the huge) Halloween party. I mean there is around 5-6,000 people that come to this thing. We passed out 5,000 lbs. of candy!
There are sets and props everywhere. There were games, a few live bands, a comedian/magician and more.


Katie decided to go as Little Red Riding Hood. That made me the woodsman. I think I looked more like Joe Dirt or Katie's dad, Jay, during his cow farming days in Central Washington. Anyway, if you don't know the fairy tale, the woodsman is the guy that cuts grandma out of the wolf's belly.
This is Katie with Katie ann. Her husband is a riot. He was dressed up as an 80's cop. I couldn't put my finger on it but he looked straight out of a movie ive seen. Some guy finally said, "dude, that's the coolest costume ever!" Ryan was like, "Thanks, why?" The guy said, "aren't you supposed to be they guy from the Beastie Boys?" Yes! Hilarious! He looked just like him and wasn't even trying. I'll post a picture with a comparison when I get one.
Once it started I was a "greeter." I still think they thought I was a redneck security guard at a country music festival. Kate was too. We had fun welcoming everyone from the community.
I really enjoyed this type of ministry. There are no expectations of the community, just come and have a good time. No one expects to hear about the church or is approached awkwardly about "knowin' Jesus." I passed out little cards to everyone at the castle entrance about service times but that was it.
We were exhausted afterward so we went to Red Robin with a few others to show off our costumes.

3 comments:

Nancy and Danny said...

Scott, Katie looked adorable, you, however should have been the wolf!
Remember when you and the guys went to the thrift shop and you dressed up like Gilligan? I'm glad you chilled out and had some fun with new friends.
Miss you,
MOM

Amy Hook said...

I love the little red riding hood & woodsmen idea! You guys seem like you're really enjoying life in Cali. We're glad school is going really well too. It's amazing how fast three years can go by. Soak it up:)!

molly said...

The photo of Katie (5th one down) is absolutely beautiful.