Tuesday, December 23, 2008

With Gratitude...

I woke up this morning to a leaf blower. Katie had already left for work and my next thought turned to the garage door. It has been having problems and I know she can't stand it. I don't like leaving stuff out in the open especially when the grass guys are around. Nothing against them; I just don't trust them. So the cold air hit my chest and my bare feet started to numb as I made my way on the cold concrete to close the garage.


Kate and I receive more love than we give out. That isn't a goal we have. We have been blessed. There are few ways we can show our gratitude. We are the opposite of wealthy at this point in our lives, we are farther away from all of you than I ever thought we'd be not to mention this is the most intense time we've ever experienced.

As I pack for our Christmas trip to Bishop I can't help reflecting on Christmas. I have been moved by the meaning of Christmas. Thank you God for your son!

What's the point? My point is this- no matter how much I sometimes feel like I can do it on my own I never can. I could probably eventually use my personality to get me a great job. I could work myself to death through school and be really successful. I could probably run down anyone trying to break into my garage. But the reason I am who I am today is because of wonderful parents, all four of you, who encouraged me and helped me in anyway they could. Good friends and family who asked the hard questions and kept me in check. A wife who respects me but knows how to hand out a piece of humble pie. And a God who walks with me every step and has heard every breath that comes from my lungs.

We are incredibly blessed. Thank you for your investment into our lives! We have great plans and are passionate about what we are capable of in our future serving others.
This isn't a substitute for "thank you's". Hopefully we will get something to you in the mail soon. We have intentions of taking some nice pictures of us in Bishop this Christmas. We will get you one for your fridge.

No comments: