Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Great Game

A friend of mine invited me to the San Diego Chargers football game this past Saturday. He was given free tickets from his boss. Was I excited? You better believe it. Going to a Chargers game was on my list of things to do while Kate and I are here in Cali. But I never thought this... I figured it would be a game that didn't matter. But no, it was a playoff game-against the Indianapolis Colts-Payton Manning MVP of the league- both teams with everything on the line-we had great seats-and it was a great game- an OVERTIME win!
We arrived early just to hang out.A professional football game is like a huge party. It's the only place you will see a middle aged man run around with caution tape around his neck (I guess because it's yellow.) screaming at the top of his lungs, "Go Chargers."They pulled out the flag and sang the National Anthem. I appreciated that and thought of David.
After the thrilling finish everyone was giving "high fives." I was neutral and didn't really care who won. I just wanted a good game. I joined in on the cheers because of the great game that it was.

2 comments:

Nancy and Danny said...

Saw you on TV at the game....get a haircut, and shave!shame on you!
Love. MOM

Joel said...

I wouldn't have given out High Fives, but rather, good games. People appreciate a well placed "Good Game" on their behind.