Sunday, March 1, 2009

A look back on the week...

I'm not overwhelmed. I am incredibly busy. That's o.k. I think i've learned to prioritize and time manage well. Last week was pretty uneventful up until Thursday. We were hammered with tests back to back and a four hour lecture afterward. There were quizzes, test, labs, reports and meetings last week like crazy. One professor felt so bad for us that he is considering giving us a "freebie quiz" this week (get the points without studying). This week isn't any easier. I think it's going to be pedal to the metal until the end of the quarter three weeks away.

Katie and I enjoyed our weekend together. Friday I was invited to a classmates house. This is a big deal cause Friday night is the beginning of their Adventist Sabbath. I was appreciative for the food his parents made and the wiffle ball homerun derby afterward. This was neat for me cause since we've been here it is impossible to hang out with the adventist guys on Friday night or Saturday. They consider Saturday their holy day and it is for relaxation and being with family.

Saturday Katie went to a country club. A friend of Katie's needed help setting up a golf charity fundraiser thing. Since she was there for most of Saturday I dropped her off and went to Riverside and studied a couple hours for a test on Monday.

We also got dinner on Saturday night at Claim Jumper compliments of Bill and Colleen. Thank you!! We had a great conversation about how Katie has been stress free for a few weeks now. She is happy here and enjoying all she is involve in. She loves her boss at work who is constantly affirming her about how wonderful she is. It was neat to hear her thoughts on HER future, since we only ever talk about mine. (I know it's our future.) Scott's in school, scott this and that... we talked about Nutrition school and her desire to teach yoga. We don't know when that will happen.

One of my instructors was talking yesterday about a report he was about to publish. He made me think. I know i'm not even done with my first year of P.T. school but I am interested in what it would take to get my Phd. in Anatomy. I love it! The sky is the limit. You can get Phd's in lot's of stuff. I don't care about the title, I just like the challenge. Maybe kids will be challenging enough.

No comments: