Saturday, October 15, 2011

Changes and a place of our own...for now.

Life on the commune is never dull. Shon, Katie's uncle, decided to buy over a thousand pounds (literally) of beef just in case the world ends I guess. Here they are making steak, hamburger, and cow candy bars. Tomorrow they will start making sour kraut -- an 11 day process. Meanwhile, Katie and I moved from grandma's basement to a fully furnished vacation rental across the way. It's also right next door to Katie's parent's. Here are a couple pics of our new "cabin."

It's two levels with three bedrooms and a bathroom.I've been getting this look a lot lately from Leila. It's the "how many times are we going to move" look.

We're excited to use the wood burning stove over the winter. It really makes this place cozy.


I don't often let USC grads stay in my home. But we made an exception for Rich and Marilyn Nicholson who are the parents of a great friend of mine. This is what happens and I questioned my decision after this!
Below, Caleb and Teanna visit us and the Nicholsons.

Just another window to look out. Leila broke the new backyard in this week while tangoing with a skunk. Let's just say it was hotel garage for her that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sooooo cute! We would love to come visit you when we are on the westside for the holidays!